Toys R Us Canada

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pippalily Slings

With my first child (who is now 3 years old), I did not own a sling, in fact, I didn't even know of their existance. I did own another type of carrier and it was good, but only during certain situations and when her mood allowed it. It wasn't great for her when she was a newborn and once she got to be a few months old, it was no longer comfortable for me. Unfortunately, I discovered the wonderful invention of a sling much too late!

This time around, I'm very excited to be able to use a Pippalily Sling.



First of all, Pippalily Slings are handmade in Canada, which is something that has become more and more important to me when I consider making a purchase. They are quality made and are machine washable, which makes them practical for use with an infant, especially when they are a spit up baby like my daughter was!

Pippalily provides an online instructional video for parents who need to learn how to use a sling. The video is very informative and covers topics including getting the right fit, putting the sling on, and various carrying positions (infant pouch position, peek-a-boo position, front carry position and hip carry position). The video also covers safety notes with regards to using slings.

I think one of the features of the Pippalily Sling that makes it very appealing is the large variety of materials and colours. There are four collections:

Peony Collection:

Dragon Collection:

Cottons Collection:

Dragonfly Collection:


Pippalily slings are available online and at various baby boutiques across Canada and the United States.

No comments: